Tarmac Quorn House Office, Meeting Street, Quorn, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 8EX
UK FO Inspection Reports
From Harrington Aviation Museum Website:
WW2 PRISONER OF WAR CAMP
The site of a Second World War prisoner of war camp at Quorn, called Camp 9. This was a standard type, purpose-built camp, which held Italian prisoners.
Common buildings and facilities at standard camps included water towers, offices, officer’s mess, a canteen, guard rooms, barrack huts, ablution blocks, cell blocks, a camp reception station (medical facility/hospital), a cookhouse, dining rooms, recreation rooms and living huts or tents. Later in the war the site was renamed Camp 183 and is known to have held German prisoners who worked on local farms as agricultural labourers. It could have been in use up until 1948. Later became an army camp The site is currently occupied by housing and parkland
However, in modern times all of the above has been lost with houses being built on part of he site the rest of he land being returned to Quorn House which now belongs to Tramac UK. But, Like PoW Camp 4 Scraptoft; the markings in the grass remain.
Camera and Drone Images of the site of the former PoW Camp 9 Repatriation Camp Quorn
Extracts from UK Foreign Office Inspection Report from UK National Archives Kew:
FO 939/98 PoW Camp 9 Lecture Reports